There is a lot of advice out there to help writers improve their craft and become better writers.
Some of this advice is good, some tips are wonderful, and some are downright awful.
The Artist’s Way (affiliate link) is a tool, not a system; it’s a book to help you find what works best for you.
This course provides a solid foundation to get you started.
When you get the book, one of the first things you read is a promise that you make to yourself.
I’m providing them here for you as a checklist.
It’s something that’s helped me over the years, and I feel confident it’ll help you too.
The Artist’s Way Promise
- Creativity is the natural order of life. Life is energy; pure creative energy.
- There is an underlying, in-dwelling creative force infusing all of life – including ourselves.
- When we open ourselves to our creativity, we open ourselves to the creator’s creativity within us and our lives.
- We are ourselves, creations. And we, in turn, are meant to continue creativity by being creative ourselves.
- Creativity is god’s gift to us. Using our creativity is our gift back to God.
- The refusal to be creative itself will and is counter to our true nature.
- When we open ourselves to exploring our creativity, we open ourselves to God: good, orderly direction.
- As we open our creative channel to the creator, many gentle but powerful changes are to be expected.
- It is safe to open ourselves up to greater and greater creativ ity.
- Our creative dreams and yearning come from a divine source. As we move towards our dreams, we move towards our divinity.
“The Artist’s Way” is a guided experience to help you understand your creative process, learn to work through your fears, and develop the qualities of a successful artist.
The book is also a multi-level course that will give you practical tools to improve every area of your life.
In conclusion, it doesn’t matter what the book says; the important thing is to do it.
The book itself is not the answer, but it can be a powerful tool if it gets you to make the introspective journey inward.
It’s not a book for everyone, but it’s a book that can help everyone who chooses to walk down the path of creativity.
I’m here to help you on your creative journey. So ask me anything.
You can connect with me on Discord during the week, email me directly, or book your FREE 15-minute consultation.
I promise to respond within 24 hours.
If you’re so inclined, I invite you to subscribe to my mailing list for downloadable writing resources and weekly emails from me about the writing life.
Select from the options below: