These are my ground rules for submitting a document for editing. Every editor has specific submission rules; these are mine. If you cannot follow them, I can’t do business with you, and I wish you the very best in your endeavors.
- The document you submit for editing must be shared with me via Google Docs. I’ll give you my Gmail upon confirmation of your request.
- The only acceptable fonts for formatting documents are Arial, Calibri, or Times New Roman, 12pt. Anything else is a distraction for me and will cause significant delays.
- You cannot modify the margins.
- You must allow me the maximum amount of time as noted on my Editing page to ensure that I address the issues I find. I reserve the right to submit it sooner than that.
- If there’s something in particular that you feel is a weakness in your writing, please feel free to mention it in our correspondence, and I’ll note it.
- If you have any questions about this process, I’m available via email at any time.