It’s Dangerous to Go Alone!
Because you’ll ask yourself, where is my mind?
Are you a high school or college student and need some help wrapping your head around the mountain of homework you’ve been assigned this semester?
Let’s face it; teachers are overworked and underpaid. Everyone has their own learning style and as much as they try to accommodate individuals, it’s tough.
Consider hiring me to be your tutor. I’ll help you tackle the material one-on-one so that you can improve and maintain your grades.
I’m going back to school to be a teacher myself because I want to give back to my community and empower my students to think creatively. Tutoring will help me understand the type of students that I’ll be helping when I join the workforce too. So, in a way, you’re helping me two-fold.
These are the classes that I’ve taken during my tenure as a student over the years:
- 20th Century American History
- African-American History
- Ancient and Medieval Cultures
- The Bible as Literature
- Comparative Literature
- Composition I & II
- Dance Appreciation
- Developments in the Novel
- Evolution of the Short Story
- Film and Literature
- French 1-3
- Fundamentals of Business Writing
- Fundamentals of Public Speaking
- General Biology
- General Psychology
- Historical Investigation
- History of Cinema
- History of Japan
- History of Photography
- History of Rock Music
- History of Women in the United States
- Introduction to American Cinema
- Introduction to Business
- Introduction to Creative Writing
- Introduction to Environmental Science
- Introduction to Shakespeare
- Literary Theory and Criticism
- Literature of the American West
- Marketing Management
- Medieval English Literature
- Outlaw Genres
- Poetry International
- Pop Culture in the 20th Century United States
- Principles of Macroeconomics
- Shakespeare: Comedies and Histories
- Survey of American Literature
- Teaching Tolerance
- U.S. Foreign Relations I
- U.S. History I & II
- Uses of Humor in Writing
- Women and Literature
- Women’s Health Issues
- World Literature I & II
- Writing About Literature
As you can see, my focus is on English Literature, History, and Creative Writing, having received my undergrad and master degrees in each. I know my weakness, and it’s math. If you need help with it, I’m not the tutor for you. If the topic you need assistance with isn’t listed, I more than likely can offer cursory assistance. I pick up on things fairly quickly if I get a rough idea of what the topic is about.
- via Discord or Google Hangouts
Southwest Las Vegas, Summerlin
North and Northwest Las Vegas
- two-hour minimum
Henderson and Boulder City
- two-hour minimum
- Payment is expected in full before services commence.
- If we meet for less than 1 hour, you must pay in full.
- I can meet at your home or a public venue within your neighborhood. I’m partial to libraries; fewer distractions, decent hours, and easy access.
- If you live in North Las Vegas, Northwest, Henderson, or Boulder City, I’m delighted to extend the Southwest rate to you if you can meet me at the Windmill library during business hours.
- I have a 48-hour cancellation policy in place for interactions that require an appointment booking. Failure to cancel appointments within the 48-hour window will be charged an additional 25% on top of the agreed-upon fee.